Conflict Management for Relationship Management
Human beings have been called “social animals,” indicating that we have evolved over time to cohabitate. With cohabitation comes great responsibility, not only towards our needs but to others’ as well. Being mindful of our responsibilities also involves dealing effectively with Conflict, which shadows any and all relationships.
In today’s competitive and tech-driven work space, Conflict management is not as an additional but an essential skill. How well one manages their relationships is driven by how well one steers through conflicts and what might be their possible outcomes. This involves not only emotional learning and social learning as well, that can be transcending into one’s personal sphere as well.
Who can take this course?
The course does pertain to working individuals, not being industry-specific. With experience and the willingness to learn comes wisdom. The wisdom will be reinforced with the skill imparted in this course to make one better resolve Conflicts and through that have more meaningful relationships.
This course is meant for those who:
- Fresher graduates to mid-level managers
- Mid-level managers aspiring for the next top job.
- Entrepreneurs who want to build teams
- Teachers who cater to additional responsibilities
- People who thrive in meaningful relationships and see collaboration as a fruit
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify conflict in professional and personal spheres.
- Describe the nature of the conflict they encounter.
- Illustrate active listening techniques.
- Practice empathy as a tool for conflict resolution.
- Formulate anger management strategies for defusing conflict.
- Choose appropriate conflict resolution strategies.