Diversity & Inclusion ( LGBTQi+ awareness)
LGBTQ & You is a basic course to get you started on your Inclusion journey. Most of us do not necessarily shun or deride people from the Queer community. But we do hold reservations towards them, maybe even discomfort in their presence, all that stems mostly from years of conditioning or experiences that hold us back from truly opening our hearts to them.
This course is a sincere endeavour to help you sensitise yourself towards the Queer community. It is also meant to help you understand as a Corporate Citizen, why Queer Inclusion not just makes sense but can also drive business and be good for your bottom-lines.
In this course, I have explained the very basics to help you understand the community members, busted a few myths, shared examples of Homosexuality and Transgenderism in nature and a whole bunch of tips to make you a great Ally and a Queer Inclusive member.
You may write to us and let us know how you liked the course or if you wish to see something more included or simply to share your thoughts on the subject.
I wish you all the very best and truly hope that this course succeeds in ushering a shift in your mindset and dissolves a few biases and prejudices that you may have held onto for far too long.
Who can take this course?
This course is meant for those who:
- You may take this up as a corporate employee
- A team leader to ensure who are inclusive of all members in your team
- An HR Manager who to be educated and equipped to handle members from the community
- People managers at all levels
- Other than that everyone can take it in their personal capacity as a parent, a friend, a sibling
- Anyone and everyone who wishes to learn and is open to embrace change can take this course
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Know why it makes business sense for corporates to be Queer Inclusive.
- Understand the distinction between Sex, Gender and Sexuality.
- Familiarise with commonly used Queer related terminologies.
- Know what constitutes L, G, B, T, Q, I, A and the + sign.
- Identify Queer symbols and markers.
- Understand Homosexuality and Transgenderism as it occurs in nature.
- Busting a few myths related to the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Practicing the Dos and Don’ts of being a great Ally.
- Inculcating a culture of inclusion in your company.