Small Talk for Professionals
Small talk is a polite conversation about unimportant or uncontroversial matters, especially when engaged on social occasions. So, does this mean that small talk is small and unimportant and not for everyone? Well, not really, small talk is anything but small.
A Harvard Business Review article found that chance encounters and spontaneous conversations with our coworkers can spark collaboration, and improve our creativity, innovation and performance.
Small talk is useful in ways we do not realise, in making connections with other people. Because of the benefits and payoffs, small talk is a skill that should be developed by all, without bracketing people as introverts or extroverts.
This course on small talk would help you to understand in a simple way what is small talk and how you can easily develop it with some basic practice using practical tips.
Who can take this course?
This course has been designed for everyone and in particular for:
- Working Professionals/Entrepreneurs/Students/Non-working
- People who are dealing with mental blockages to initiate a conversation
- Those who want to up their success game.
- Those who want to become better versions of themselves and be impactful.
This course will help you learn and understand:
- What is small talk?
- Why is it important to learn this skill at the workplace?
- 7 Handy tips to attempt small talks in different scenarios
- 7 Tips to Avoid while attempting small talk