Social Fright: Taming the Wild Elephants
How mind-body practices can tame wild elephants?
A lot of professionals are unable to rise and shine in their careers due to the discomfort and anxiousness that they experience when making important presentations, leading workshops and convincing groups of people. A part of the problem is the lack of awareness around the brain activity that makes them shake, sweat and ultimately lose confidence.
This course helps people understand how their brain systems create this hyper-activity. This understanding and awareness give them the confidence that they can indeed learn to overcome this negative reaction. The course teaches two highly effective techniques for mind-body relaxation – Creative Visualisation which involves using the mind to calm down the body and Deep Muscle relaxation which involves using systematic tensing and relaxing of muscles to create deep relaxation of the mind.
Who can take this course?
This course is meant for those who:
- are job seekers and students
- are working professionals/early employees/mid-level managers
- feel anxious and stressed when facing performance or a pressure situation
- want to learn and develop mind-body relaxation practice
At the end of this course, participants will be able to
- Recognise that they are entering hyperactivity
- Systematically relax themselves
- Experience instant relief
- Regain a sense of control and confidence
- Retrain their nervous system to not go into hyper-arousal during pressure situations